19 March 2005

Memory

I know I have quite a good memory so how come I can't learn all these Japanese words?!!

You know, sometimes I feel just a little stupid! No, that's not really correct but I do, just a little. Why? Well, I think it's a question of clashing learning styles. You see, I learn words by using them a lot. I really don't like to sit down and repeat them over and over again. That's way too boring! I enjoy reading lots of things and seeing the word several times, or using the word in exercises. In that way I eventually learn the words not by learning them parrot fashion. I also worry that by learning them parrot style, I'll only have the words in my memory for a short time and then I'll forget them all!

I've now learnt about 80% of the words I'm supposed to have learnt but in class today I was given a load more!! HELP!

August 2004.

No comments:

About Me